- Wegmans retains No. 1 ranking
on RBJ's private company list
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. once again ranks No. 1 on the Rochester Business Journal’s annual list of the area’s 50 largest private companies, based on total number of local employees.
- Bonadio launches wealth management subsidiary
Bonadio & Co. LLP has launched a wealth management subsidiary based at its office in the Buffalo suburbs.
- SUNY to install IP.com platform systemwide
The State University of New York has selected Perinton-based IP.com’s InnovationQ platform to be installed across the 64-campus system.
- Household income in N.Y. rises; people in poverty climbs too
Residents of New York earned more money in 2013 than in 2012, but the number of people living in poverty also increased, new data from the U.S. Census Bureau shows.
- Geneva plays host to annual state canal conference
The 15th New York State Canal Conference begins Sunday in Geneva, Ontario County. The three-day conference includes presentations of significance to canal communities, tourism professionals and others involved in promoting the state’s canal system.
- Wilmot Cancer Institute receives $18.5 million grant
The National Cancer Institute has awarded an $18.5 million grant to the University of Rochester’s Wilmot Cancer Institute, officials said Thursday.
- State reports Rochester region added jobs
Rochester’s economy continued its improvement in August, with an increase in both private-sector and non-farm jobs, the state Department of Labor reported Thursday.
- Area firms named among nation's top workplaces
A trio of local firms have been named among the best small and midsize workplaces in the country.
- Bills game against Chargers sold out, on TV locally
The Buffalo Bills’ game Sunday against San Diego at Ralph Wilson Stadium has sold out and will be televised locally, team officials announced Thursday.
- M&T Bank names chief risk officer
M&T Bank Corp. has named Richard Gold vice chairman and chief risk officer.
- Credit Union opening branch in ER, closing Perinton site
Family First of New York Federal Credit Union said its new branch in East Rochester opens Monday, and its branch in Perinton was slated to close at the end of business Thursday.
- Most WNY business leaders would like to start new business
A vast majority of Western New York business leaders would like to start a new business, a survey from the Western New York Chapter of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization reports.
- County committee votes down tax exemption proposal
A proposal to allow Monroe County legislators to review business property tax exemptions was defeated by the Republican majority in committee Wednesday.
Snap Poll: Most want the GOP to control Congress|
Nearly two-thirds of RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents want Republicans in control of both the Senate and House of Representatives after the midterm elections.
In others' words, the tale of two remarkable lives|
The Glazers left the community many things including the jobs they created and neighborhoods they helped to revitalize. But the truly lucky ones are those who were left with memories of the Glazers’ friendship.
Strength of leadership|
More From RBJ
- Heat intensifies as Roger Goodell and the NFL fumble major issues.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- Morality, not a particular moral code, anchors a good society.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- Syrian refugee flight to Turkey one of the worst since war began: U.N. (9/21/2014 3:34:20 AM)
- German families to sue Ukraine over MH17 crash (9/21/2014 3:30:18 AM)
- Having a bawl: Japan's sumo wrestlers grapple with cry-babies (9/21/2014 3:19:06 AM)
- Egypt to host post-Gaza war talks this week (9/21/2014 3:04:27 AM)
- Defeated nationalist leader says Scots 'tricked' out of independence (9/21/2014 3:01:41 AM)