- KeyCorp, First Niagara agree to sell 18 Buffalo-area branches
KeyCorp and First Niagara Financial Group Inc. have agreed to sell 18 of First Niagara’s branches around Buffalo, with close to $1.7 billion in deposits, the Department of Justice announced Thursday.
- Ultralife Corp. reports lower Q1 profit, higher revenues
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday a year-over-year drop in first quarter profit, along with an increase in sales.
- Broadstone Net Lease acquires properties for $54.6 million
Broadstone Net Lease Inc. on Wednesday announced the acquisition of two properties for a combined purchase price of $54.6 million.
- Kress replaces Seligman as co-chairman of regional council
Monroe Community College president Anne Kress has been tapped to serve as the academic co-chairman of the Finger Lakes Regional Economic Development Council.
- Kodak settles class action suit with employees for $9.7 million
Workers who sued Eastman Kodak Co. in a 2012 class action after seeing their retirement savings dwindle as the value of their Kodak stock evaporated, have agreed to a $9.7 million settlement.
- Xerox files motion to reclaim payouts it made to some retirees
Xerox Corp. wants to take back more than half of $4 million in payments it made five years ago to workers in an ongoing nearly two-decade long pension benefit dispute.
- Pfizer to pay N.Y. $55.6M to resolve Wyeth lawsuit
New York is in line to get a $55.6 million as the state’s share of a $784.6 million settlement between Pfizer Inc.’s Wyeth subsidiary and federal and U.S. state governments, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Wednesday.
- Financial Institutions posts Q1 profit of $7.6 million
Financial Institutions Inc. has reached a record in net interest income, reporting a total of $24.7 million in its fiscal first quarter ended March 31.
- N.Y. small-business owners less optimistic than a year ago
New York’s entrepreneurs say they are less likely to grow their business this year, a new report from American Express Open shows.
- Black Button to unveil special gin to mark Lilac Fest
Black Button Distilling will launch its Lilac Gin on May 6, the first day of Rochester Lilac Festival, officials said.
- Rochester ranks poorly among best for Hispanic entrepreneurs
Rochester ranks among the worst cities nationwide for its friendliness toward Hispanic entrepreneurs, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Trade group honors Constellation as company of the year
Constellation Brands Inc. has been recognized as Large Company of the Year by The Beverage Forum at the 2016 conference, the only global all-beverage executive conference.
- Professional soccer team River Dogz plan home opener
The Rochester River Dogz FC, a professional soccer team founded last year, is preparing for its home opener vs. AFC Cleveland, officials said.
- Inn on the Lake adds to management team
The Inn on the Lake Waterfront Resort and Conference Center has added three new managers to its team, officials said.
Snap Poll: Letchworth State Park tops list of favorite parks|
When respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll were asked to pick their three favorite parks, Letchworth State Park was named more than any other.
Those are the breaks|
It’s no surprise that many believe a system with broader-based rates and without a multitude of breaks would be more equitable.
The value-added tax deserves a close look|
Supporters of the value-added tax have argued that one of the biggest advantages the VAT has relative to other taxes is that it makes the task of tax enforcement relatively straightforward.
More From RBJ
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.Chris Colabello's image takes a hit with suspension from MLB after testing positive for using an anabolic steroid.
- Immigration is, on balance, good for our economy and good for our society.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Lawmaker calls for Illinois to revoke Hastert's pension (4/29/2016 5:29:51 AM)
- FDA reconsiders training requirements for painkillers (4/29/2016 5:24:25 AM)
- OPEC oil output near record high in April as Iran, Iraq growth offsets outages: Reuters survey (4/29/2016 5:23:44 AM)
- British financiers Odey, Hargreaves and Marshall say Brexit would help London (4/29/2016 5:16:05 AM)
- Five killed in gun attack in opposition district of Burundi capital (4/29/2016 5:13:49 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >