- Xerox's Q3 revenue falls 3 percent
Xerox Corp. reported a decrease in its year-over-year third-quarter sales Friday morning, due largely to a drop in sales in its document technology business.
- Manning & Napier reports decline in Q3 economic net income
Manning & Napier Inc. reported third-quarter economic net income of $13.4 million, or 16 cents an adjusted share, compared with economic net income of $17.3 million, or 21 cents an adjusted share this time a year ago.
- GM facility here earns Energy Star recognition
Rochester’s General Motors Components Holdings LLC was one of 16 General Motors Co. facilities to earn recognition from the Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star Program.
- Ultralife sales rise, net income flat
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday an increase in third-quarter sales, due in part to higher sales in its communications systems’ business and an $11 million acquisition completed in January.
- Gannett posts net loss, shares fall
Gannett Co. Inc., the parent of the Democrat & Chronicle and D&C Digital, on Thursday reported a third-quarter net loss of $24.2 million, compared with a profit of $39.2 million, a year earlier.
- New Media Investment Group reports decline in Q3 net income
New Media Investment Group Inc. reported Thursday a decline in third-quarter net income. As reported last month, New Media acquired the Rochester Business Journal Inc. in the fourth quarter.
Poll: Outsourcing blamed for job loss|
More than half of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll blame trade deals and outsourcing of jobs to lower-cost countries for the decline in manufacturing jobs over the last 25 years.
The poverty numbers|
Dozens of organizations and thousands of area residents are committed to the long battle against poverty here.
Public charters don't deserve second-class status|
New York must acknowledge the injustice of leaving charter school children to the mercy of charity to put a roof over their heads.
More From RBJ
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.Jim Kelly opted long ago not to run for office, but that hasn't stopped him from playing a little political football.
- Can job creation today keep pace with job destruction?Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Venezuelan opposition strike patchy amid government threats (10/28/2016 5:55:29 AM)
- Army says 2-star general committed suicide (10/28/2016 5:53:07 AM)
- More migrants pitch tents on Paris streets as Calais camp shuts (10/28/2016 5:51:02 AM)
- Jennifer Lopez set for NBC's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' in 2017 (10/28/2016 5:42:51 AM)
- Zimbabwe dam levels at record lows after drought (10/28/2016 5:41:42 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >